1. the state of being or living alone
2. remoteness from habitations, as of a place; absence of human activity
3. a lonely, unfrequented place: a solitude in the mountains
1. a superficial luster or shine; glaze: the gloss of satin.
2. a false or deceptively good appearance.
3. a cosmetic that adds sheen or luster, especially one for the lips.
1. something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.
2. the state or condition of being deceived; misapprehension.
3. an instance of being deceived.
1. at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point
2. at or to a remote or advanced time
3. at or to a great, advanced, or definite point of progress, or degree
1. the act or practice of instructing or teaching; education.
2. knowledge or information imparted.
3. an item of such knowledge or information.
1. of, pertaining to, or resembling a phallus.
2. of or pertaining to phallicism.
verb (used without object)
1. to sink or bend downward by weight or pressure, especially in the middle
2. to hang down unevenly; droop
3. to droop; hang loosely
1. a technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships on a flat surface. Compare aerial perspective, linear perspective.
2. a picture employing this technique, especially one in which it is prominent: an architect’s perspective of a house.
3. a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance; vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.