1. to have or keep in the hand; keep fast; grasp
2. to set aside; reserve or retain
3. to bear, sustain, or support, as with the hands or arms, orby any other means.
1. having many interrelated parts or facets; entangled or involved
2. complex; complicated; hard to understand, work, or make
1. in or at some place not specified, determined, or known
2. to some place not specified or known
3. at or to some point in amount, degree, etc. (usually followed by about, near, etc.)
1. one of the system of branching vessels or tubes conveying blood from various parts of the body to the heart.
2. (loosely) any blood vessel.
1. not mature, ripe, developed, perfected, etc.
2. emotionally undeveloped; juvenile; childish.
1. taking place, changing, moving, etc.
2. rising or descending at an even, moderate inclination
1. a discoloration produced by foreign matter having penetrated into or chemically reacted with a material; a spot not easily removed.
2. a natural spot or patch of color different from that of the basic color, as on the body of an animal.
3. a cause of reproach; stigma; blemish
1. no longer possessed or retained.
2. no longer to be found.
3. having gone astray or missed the way.